Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Enter the Dragon

I expected this to be a crappy action movie, but I was interested in watching it after hearing the
soundtrack from the next room. Between that and the dude with the big 'fro, I expected it to be a blacksploitation piece, with at least a lot of camp entertainment value. ...but it actually wasn't bad as a movie. The choreography was very real and well-designed. I watched a very poorly-derived vhs print, so I have to wonder if the film had higher production values than it appeared. If it was originally made well and a print can be cleaned up, however, it's a keeper in the action canon. The foley editors obviously had a little too much fun with the sound effects and post-dubbing, making it cornier than it needed to be... but it was a fun romp. Rated 3/4.

No comments: