Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Slings and Arrows, Season One

I feel that I am blending into a stereotype to admit how hilarious I found this series to be. When I was in Film, it was a joke how much folks in the film community *loved* movies about movies... and here I am, working in Theatre, laughing my ass off at a show about Theatre... and about putting on a production of "Hamlet" (which we are currently preparing), no less!
The only distractions I found were the lovely ingenues... Rachel McAdams' (oh great, she's going to be in "The Time Traveler's Wife" - an adaptation of a book I liked so much I'll have to see it) cutesie with the too-long-sweater-sleeves act struck me as an old-fashioned rehash of Jennifer Garner, and Luke Kirby is supposed to be an American Hollywood star? Right. What's that abooot? In the face of this drama and beauty, the season still gets a 2/3.

No comments: