Thursday, November 15, 2007

Help!

I know that "A Hard Days Night" is a cinematically superior film, but I've always had a soft spot for "Help!" Perhaps it is because it was so difficult to come across in my formative years. (A recurring theme waiting for the DVD.) But the goofy comedy has always given me a thrill.
Finally on DVD, the image is restored to its colorful glory. (Watching the appropriate "Anthology" episode, featuring pre-renovation clips, concurrently really drove this home.) I wished that it had had more special features, however. A few little documentaries hardly seemed worth the extra disc... The documentaries were fair enough, but I'd've thought that there would have been more in the vaults to bring forth for the fans. Even the "lost scene" is a misnomer. No scene here. Just discussion of it interspersed with some stills. *sigh*
Film: Rated 2

No comments: