Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Northern Exposure - Season 3 (9 episodes)

Lacking much time, I have to rely on memory and summary here:
In general, the series ebbed this season but is beginning to flow again. I do, however, miss the dream sequences. And I find Chris really annoying. It makes me reflect on my college experience: I originally watched NE b/c I heard that it was created by some dude from Hampshire College. Chris is obviously *the* archetypal Hampshire student, and I probably used to like his character a lot. In theory, I still don't have all much bock with the dirty philo-hippie type, but he annoys me b/c of the way he discredits the system and eschews 'formal education'. If you went to Hampshire, you still had some formal education, dude. A pretty expensive one, at that, and you probably weren't so smart when you went in. *And* folks in a real town just don't converse anything like that. But I digress.
"The Body in Question" 5-
"Roots" 6+
"A-Hunting We Will Go" 6+
"Get Real" 3+
"Seoul Mates" (not so original a plotline anymore) 4-
"Dateline: Cicely" 5
"Our Tribe" 2-
"Things Become Exinct" 4
"Burning Down the House" 4-

No comments: