Friday, October 26, 2007

A Bunch of Simpsons Episodes - Season 7

Sketchy recollections, as the smoke seems to be influencing my memory. And it doesn't help when several days pass between viewing and blogging.

Bart the Fink
- I enjoy when a series of events begins with something completely unrelated ($100 from a will enables Bart to get a checkbook, hence Krusty fakes his death.) Good stuff 2/3.

Lisa the Iconoclast - I like Lisa as an iconoclast and amateur historian, but I don't like cheesy endings just to keep the status quo. Rated 3/4.

Homer the Smithers - Enjoyable plotline. Homer as the lovable dolt isn't my favorite thread, but it was fun to see clips of Smithers on vacation and Mr. Burns behind the scenes. Rated 4+.

The Day the Violence Died - Do Lester & Eliza ever appear again? The rivalry reminds me of Maggie's baby nemesis and thus not terribly original. I've always liked the Schoolhouse Rock parody, however. Rated 4+.

A Fish Called Selma - Any appearance of Jub-Jub brightens my day. And the episode seems quite timely. The American culture's peak obsession of celebrity and its shams and stunts makes you question if any of it is real. Rated 3.

No comments: