Friday, October 26, 2007

DS9 - The Way of the Warrior

From what I've seen of the series, I'm not the biggest fan of Deep Space 9. It seems much more soap opera than episodic (or even scientific) compared to the previous Star Trek series. Since I've seen "choice" episodes singularly, I need a lot of filling in to understand what is going on and who is what. It also seems much more TV than the others... ST:TNG, in particular, often impresses me with its cinematic quality despite the small screen format.
I also don't appreciate how the script will often say, "Captain - you'd better come and see what's here on the radar!" vs. "Captain, come to the bridge. Radar has just revealed a swarm of Klingons!"... which would save some time on the ship, but I guess isn't as suspenseful on a Sunday afternoon.
That being said, this episode presented an admirable internal conflict of Worf's Klingon roots. Although I was thinking that the Changeling sweep at the beginning or the security guard's explanation in the bar of how Changelingness worked would prove important to the plot at a later point. Rated 4.

No comments: