Monday, December 10, 2007

The Fast & The Furious 3: Tokyo Drift

Right on the heels of "The Phantom Menace", I'm forced to trod through this turd. (And somehow I doubt that I missed any important points in the second installation of the series.) In its favor, I rather enjoyed the soundtrack. And some of the cinematography and special effects were very impressive in their styling. I could even (try to) overlook how female characters serve as vapid arm candy chattel, if that were my main complaint. But the "acting" ranks as some of the *worst* I have ever experienced. I was absolutely shocked to hear that the lead male has multiple credits to his name. He makes Mark Wahlberg look like Olivier. At least "The Phantom Menace" tried to follow a cohesive thread of plot (albeit a boring one). Rated 8-.

No comments: