Saturday, January 5, 2008

Rifftrax - Star Wars II, Attack of the Clones

Compared to the horror that was The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones is a masterpiece of the cinema. Then again, so would be "The Care Bears Movie". Actually, Episode II is not that bad. The acting and much of the dialogue is horrible, and the special effects are really overused... but it isn't largely unwatchable and even has some cool parts. Like the sonic boom (which sounded much less cool, since I no longer have my surround sound system) and yoda's fight scene. It disturbs me, however, that my brother philosophizes in lines way too close to those of young Anakin (in particular, the 'rolling in the field' scene). Fortunately, my family doesn't have claim to mitichlorians, a virgin birth, or sword fighting expertise (unless you count my semester of fencing). In the end, the cool elements and low expectations outrank the serious demerits. Rated 4/5.

No comments: