Thursday, January 3, 2008

Star Trek - Hide & Q

Another First season surprise.
I realize that I am used to seeing Riker from later episodes, and I have always called him "That Billy Joel guy", in reference to his unattractive features with a beard. But in the first season, I see that he was supposed to be traditionally good-looking. He looks like a young Orson Welles, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since he eventually became an old Orson Welles... on a similarly superficial vein, I'm sad to see that the actor playing the adorable Q also did not age so cutely. (He looks like a retired boater in this photo, at least.) Well, that's life.
I enjoyed this episode, even though the performances were somewhat stodgy. And I will have to knock it down a notch if they never mention Q being punished by his people.
Rated 3+

No comments: