Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Rifftrax - Star Wars III, Revenge of the Sith

Rifftrax introduces this movie with the description that it is known as the least offensive of the three Star Wars prequel films (and goes on to humorously detail analogies for what, exactly, this means). And I recall that when I saw this in the theatres I felt the same way and almost liked it. Watching it again, however, it's really quite boring. I'm sure somebody out there has analyzed the content in the form of a pie chart, and it has *got* to be 90% special effect battles and/or really dull exposition to drag us along the dull, dull plot. I remember before thinking that the final light saber duel was pretty cool, but now I just couldn't care about yet another fight, and that moody, moody boy. But nothing in particular stands out as particularly offensive (except the incongruity in the later movies that Leia 'barely' remembers her mother when Luke asks, where in this case Luke knew her for about thirty seconds more than her). It merely bores me to neutrality. Rated 5.

No comments: