Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Star Trek - Death Wish

I like how "Q" is introduced to the "Voyager" series, especially how - through an encounter with a jaded philosopher Q - it can write off his previous lame behavior (*cough* Vash) in as a reaction to the dullness of continuum culture (which reminds me of a "Life in Hell" cartoon I pasted on my wall for many years that said something like "Wouldn't eternity get boring after a while?"). It gives me hope that future Q episodes will find him once again back to his mischief.
His counter-Q, however, ends disappointingly. If he truly wanted to be mortal just for a new experience, you'd think that he could savor the feeling of mortality for a few days (or decades) before ending it all. Q2's death seemed more of a lame device to neatly round out the episode (especially the taunting of Home) than a meaningful denouement. Rated 4.

No comments: