Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Star Trek - Deja Q

Funniest. Star. Trek. Episode. Ever.
Again, it's a science + religion episode that gets me. You get a godlike creature who has to be a mortal human... it's like Jesus, see? Only this God never wanted to be human. And who turns out to be his best friend? An android.
...But it's not as lame as that sounds. When people tell me how easy my baby's life must be, I always comment how I think it's hard work to be a baby. So much to learn, every day... and babies don't know how to slack off (or still know that slacking wouldn't be in their best interest). Q knows everything about the universe but nothing about life, and his dilemmas are like those of a baby who can talk. Brilliant. (Should I revisit "Mork and Mindy"? Wasn't that part of the plot?) Rated 2, with potential.

No comments: